Publications & Awards
- Vestal Review, My Father, My King (flash fiction)
- StoryQuarterly, El Coup (essay)
- Blackbird, “Marionette” (fiction)
- StorySouth, “Arboretum” (fiction)
- Connotation Press, “Airways” (Featured writer and interview)
- Huffington Post Personal, "What I Learned About Grief..." (essay)
- Pedestal, "Paper Tiger" (poetry)
- Adelaide Literary Magazine, “Everybody Needs Something” (fiction)
- Adelaide’s Literary Anthology, (Best of 2017) “Just Fine” (fiction)
- Contrary Magazine, “Don’t Forget to Say Hello” (fiction)
- The Ampersand Review, “Lucky Penny” (fiction)
- Requited Journal, “Newborn Eyes”
- Postcard Shorts,“Breathe, Just Breathe”
- Literary Mama,“Kindergarten Pick-Up”
- Emerge Literary Journal, “Sometimes It’s a Pin Prick” (fiction)
- Fifth Wednesday Journal, “At the Auditorium” (fiction)
- ADDITIONAL PUBLICATIONS------
- Non-fiction book: Limbu Folklore: the collection and translation of oral folklore from the Limbu people of Nepal. Pilgrims Publishing, Varanasi, India. 2004
- Chapbook: Searching Ana, Novel Excerpt, Winner of The New School Chapbook Award Series. Forward by contest judge, Dennis Cooper.
- Collaborative Middle Grade Book: The Great CT Caper, by 12 CT authors and artists. CT Humanities Council
- Winner of the 2022 Marianne Russo Award from Key West Literary Seminars for Novel-in-Progress: In Other Kinds of Weather
- Individual Artist Fellowship Award in Fiction 2018, Connecticut Office of the Arts
- William Faulkner-Wisdom Competition in Novel, In Other Kinds of Weather, Finalist, Novel Manuscript.
- Winner of The Chapbook Award in Fiction, Searching Ana, The New School, NYC, Novel.
- Creative Community Fellow, 2019, National Arts Strategies
- Pushcart Prize Nomination, “At the Auditorium,” Fifth Wednesday Journal
- Sarabande Books' Mary McCarthy Prize in Fiction, Searching Ana, Top Finalist
- The Dana Awards for the Novel, In Other Kinds of Weather, Semi-Finalist, Novel Manuscript
- Glimmer Train's Very Short Fiction Contest, top 25 winner
- Whidbey Writers Contest in Novel, Searching Ana, Semi-Finalist, Novel Manuscript
- PetrochorZine Reprint Award, "Marionette", Short-Listed
- Bread Loaf Writers' Conference
- Sewanee Writers' Conference
- Wesleyan Writer's Conference, Full Scholarship
- Key West Literary Seminars, Full Scholarship
IN OTHER KINDS OF WEATHER, (Novel-literary fiction), examines the cloaked normalcy of suburbia and questions how well we truly know what is going on behind our neighbors’ doors.
ANNA AND LOU (Novel-literary fiction) interweaves the stories of a twelve-year-old girl in the 80’s and a thirty-two-year-old groundskeeper in 2000 as they search Chicago for their missing loved ones.
EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMETHING (Story Collection) exposes our human need for connection and explores the many ways in which we struggle to attain it.
THE SHAPE OF GRIEF (Essay collection) is a collection of personal essays exploring the many facets of grief and loss.
POETRY ON THE STREETS : A Collection of photographs and poetry written by everyday people on the street