Publications & Awards
- Vestal Review, My Father, My King (flash)
- Hippocampus, Do You Feel Like I Do (CNF)(forthcoming)
- StoryQuarterly, El Coup (CNF
- Blackbird, “Marionette” (fiction)
- StorySouth, “Arboretum” (fiction)
- Catamaran Literary Review, What Would Odysseus Do? (CNF)
- Connotation Press, “Airways” (Featured writer and interview)
- Mom Egg Review, Becoming (CNF)
- Huffington Post Personal, "What I Learned About Grief..." (Essay)
- Pedestal "Paper Tiger" (poetry)
- Adelaide Literary Magazine, “Everybody Needs Something” (fiction)
- Adelaide’s Literary Anthology, (Best of 2017) “Just Fine” (fiction)
- Contrary Magazine, “Don’t Forget to Say Hello” (fiction)
- The Ampersand Review, “Lucky Penny” (flash)
- Requited Journal, “Newborn Eyes” (flash)
- Postcard Shorts,“Breathe, Just Breathe”
- Literary Mama,“Kindergarten Pick-Up”
- Emerge Literary Journal, “Sometimes It’s a Pin Prick” (fiction)
- Fifth Wednesday Journal, “At the Auditorium” (fiction)
- ADDITIONAL PUBLICATIONS------
- Non-fiction book: Limbu Folklore: the collection and translation of oral folklore from the Limbu people of Nepal. Pilgrims Publishing, Varanasi, India. 2004
- Chapbook: Searching Ana, Novel Excerpt, Winner of The New School Chapbook Award Series. Forward by contest judge, Dennis Cooper.
- Collaborative Middle Grade Book: The Great CT Caper, by 12 CT authors and artists. CT Humanities Council
- Winner of the 2022 Marianne Russo Award for Novel-in-Progress, Key West Literary Seminars Emerging Writer Awards
- Awarded Writing Residency, Monson Arts, 2023
- Awarded Writing Residency, Kimmel Harding Nelson Center, 2023
- Individual Artist Fellowship Award in Fiction 2018, Connecticut Office of the Arts
- William Faulkner-Wisdom Competition in Novel, In Other Kinds of Weather, Finalist, Novel Manuscript.
- Winner of The Chapbook Award in Fiction, Searching Ana, The New School, NYC, Novel.
- Creative Community Fellow, 2019, National Arts Strategies
- Pushcart Prize Nominations, “At the Auditorium,” Fifth Wednesday Journal. "El Coup," Story Quarterly.
- Sarabande Books' Mary McCarthy Prize in Fiction, Searching Ana, Top Finalist
- The Dana Awards for the Novel, In Other Kinds of Weather, Semi-Finalist, Novel Manuscript
- Glimmer Train's Very Short Fiction Contest, top 25 winner
- Whidbey Writers Contest in Novel, Searching Ana, Semi-Finalist, Novel Manuscript
- PetrochorZine Reprint Award, "Marionette", Short-Listed
- Bread Loaf Writers' Conference
- Sewanee Writers' Conference
- Wesleyan Writer's Conference, Scholarship
- Key West Literary Seminars, Scholarship
- AWP: Moderator and Presenter 2023 "Radical Empathy: Writing and Community Engagement as a form of Resistance"
PAPER HOUSES (Novel-literary fiction) interweaves the stories of a twelve-year-old girl in the 80’s and a thirty-two-year-old groundskeeper in 2001 as they search Chicago for signs of their missing loved ones.
IN OTHER KINDS OF WEATHER, (Novel-literary fiction), examines the cloaked normalcy of suburbia and questions how well we truly know what is going on behind our neighbors’ doors.
EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMETHING (Story Collection) exposes our human need for connection and explores the many ways in which we struggle to attain it.
THE SHAPE OF GRIEF (Essay collection~ in progress) a collection of creative non-fiction exploring many facets of grief and loss.
POETRY ON THE STREETS : A Collection of photographs and poetry by everyday people on the street from the US and across the globe (Including, "Young Voices Around the World" for elevating displaced and at-risk youth around the world